Is that not sound amazing with its name ‘Cheese Burst Aloo Tikki Burger’?.
I know you have have eaten so many times before the Aloo Tikki Burger and I have also shared Veg Burger Recipe earlier too. This version of Burger is slightly different from the previous one. In this version, we will freeze cheese sauce & than fill it into the aloo Tikki. Later fry it and stuffed inside burger bun. So that is the thing which makes it completely different from other version of burger recipes.
There are so many variations for cheese burger recipe. I feel instead of using melted cheese which makes it quite messy and thus I used freeze cheese sauce inside the tikki which makes this burger incredible and not too messy either. So, do not forg威而鋼 et to try this simple and interesting recipe. Let’s see how to make it.
About the Recipe
Burger, Pizza’s are everyone’s favorite not only among Indians, but also among foreigners who have experienced it during their visit to India. Specially kids go crazy for these junk foods. Since these junk foods are not good for health, so I try to make it at home.
In India, the Mc Aloo Tikki is a vegetarian burger available at McDonald’s. McDonald’s is a global fast food corporation that was formed in 1940 in San Bernardino, California, and incorporated in 1955 in Des Plaines, Illinois. The combination of a potato and peas patty coated in breadcrumbs with distinctive Indian spices, served with sweet tomato mayo, fresh onions, and tomatoes in a standard burger bun.
The patties or tikkis are made primarily of mashed potatoes and green peas. McDonalds; signature mcaloo tikki recipe includes a special sauce that is essentially a blend of tomato sauce and mayonnaise.
It is pretty easy to make and taste amazing. This burger was so good and it turned out super crispy. This recipe is a great recipe for your kids party and it can be put in your kids lunch box as well.
I loved this recipe because it is made at home and you exactly know what ingredients you are adding and the quality of the ingredients. All the ingredients are fresh and you know it is good for your kids. Making these kind of fast food recipes at home is best because you are not giving your kids preservatives instead whole foods.
All the ingredients are fresh for this recipe and you know it is good for your kids because it is being prepared at home.
For Cheese Sauce Slice
- 200 grams processed cheese (grated)
- 1½ tablespoon butter
- ½ cup milk
For Creamy Tangy Mayonnaise
- ½ cup veg mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon red chilli sauce
For Aloo patty (tikki)
- 4–5 medium size potatoes (boiled & grated)
- ¼ cup green peas (boiled)
- ½ cup poha/chivda (flattened rice) soaked
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2–3 green chillies finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger minced
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon jeera powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon dry mango powder
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
- Some fresh coriander leaves (chopped)
- ½ cup corn flour
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Water as needed
- Bread crumbs as needed
- Oil for deep frying
For the Assembling :
- Burger buns as required
- Butter to toast burger buns
- Fried aloo tikkis
- Tomato slices as required
- Onion slices as required
- Cheese slices (optional)
- Creamy tangy mayo
For Cheese Sauce
- Using a double boiler technique, set an empty bowl over a pot filled with little water.
- Add grated cheese, milk, and butter in that empty bowl.
- Continuously whisk it till the cheese melts and gets smooth in texture. It must have a semi thick consistency.
- Once the sauce is ready, take a square plate and line it with cling wrap or butter paper.
- Pour the prepared cheese sauce mixture onto the plate.
- Set aside to cool down at room temperature.
- After that, keep it in the refrigerator to become firm for at least 4-5 hours, or you can keep this overnight to get the best results.
- Once it is set, remove the butter paper or cling wrap and cut it into square pieces. ( Remember, these cheese squares will be used as a filling inside the tikki. Make the tikkis a little smaller in size as compared to the burger buns, and at the same time, cut the cheese slices too. I’ve cut it into square pieces (about 3 inch and 1 cm in thickness).
- Then keep these prepared cheese slices inside the freezer until you get other ingredients ready.
For Creamy Tangy Mayonnaise
- In a medium bowl, add mayonnaise, red chilli sauce and tomato ketchup. Mix it well together nicely. Cover it and set aside for later use.
For Aloo Patty (tikki)
- Wash poha nicely and soak it in water for 2-3 minutes. After that drain all the excess water. Keep it aside.
- Heat a pan on medium flame.
- Add 1 teaspoon of oil along with 1 tablespoon of butter. Allow it to melt.
- Then add the green chillies and ginger. Sauté for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Next, add the boiled green peas. Stir fry for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Then add the boiled potatoes, soaked poha, powdered spices, salt to taste, chopped coriander leaves and lemon juice.
- Mix everything well using a potato masher or using your fingers. Cook this mixture for 1-2 more minutes.
- Turn off the flame and transfer this mixture to a wide bowl.
- Let the tikki mixture cool down at room temperature or you can keep that in the fridge for 10 to12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the corn flour slurry.
For the slurry
- In a mixing bowl, add refined flour, corn-flour, oil and salt to taste. Combine all the ingredients well. Add water to make a semi-thin slurry.
- Also, take the panko bread crumbs to a plate and sprinkle a little salt over it.
How to make Aloo Patty
- Check the aloo patty mixture. Take it out from the fridge, once it is completely cool.
- Take a spoonful of mixture and make round balls and shape it to make a patty.
- Further press it and make a cavity into the centre to fill in the cheese squares. Do this process little quickly, else the cheese squares will start melting.
- Seal properly and shape it in a tikki form. Make sure, the tikki size should be a little smaller as compared to burger buns.
- Once all your tikkis are ready, dip it into the corn flour slurry and coat it evenly on all sides.
- Then roll each patty with the dry panko bread crumbs. Press it lightly, so the crumbs stick to the patty evenly.
- Heat oil for deep frying the tikkis on medium high-flame and fry the tikkis until they turn crisp and golden brown. You can also air fry them or bake them at 200°c for 7- 8 minutes from both sides.
- Similarly fry other tikkis in batches.
- When patty is about to be ready, let’s start making burgers.
For assembling the burger
- In a non-stick pan, heat butter and toast the burger buns lightly facing on the bottom.
- Then spread the creamy tangy mayo inside the top of the burger bun.
- Now set the aloo tikki over the bottom of the burger bun along with 1-2 slices of tomatoes and onion rings and seal it with the top burger bun by pressing slightly.
- Your cheese burst aloo tikki burger is ready.
- Serve immediately with crispy French fries and soft drink as desired.
- If you are using a double boiler technique for preparing cheese sauce then make sure the water should not touch the base of the bowl. You can also microwave it.
- Fry these aloo tikkis until they turn golden brown and crisp from both sides. Drizzle some more oil on top and flip it very carefully so it does not break.
- It is not necessary to toast the burger bun. If needed, toast the bun or skip.
- Additionally, you can also add vegetables of your choice while preparing patties for burgers like lettuce, cucumbers, carrot and beetroot slices to make it more healthy.
- Slice the onions and keep it in ice cold water to retain its crispiness (optional).
- For storing the tikkis – Make all aloo tikkis and coat it slightly with breadcrumbs. Store them in the freezer in a container, arrange it between parchment paper and freeze for up to 15 days. Don’t forget to take out from the freeze to set at room temperature before frying.
- Category: Snacks
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: Cheese Burger Recipe, How to make Aloo Tikki Burger With Cheese, Easy Veg Burger Recipe, Mc Aloo Tikki Burger