If you’re thinking to know “What is Dutch baby?” Don’t worry, here you will get the answer of your question.
A dutch baby is a puff pancake also called German pancake that means a big, delicious puffy pancake that you bake it in oven. It tastes just like crepes or a popover in a pancake form. It is truly special sweet, buttery and almost mouth-watering pancake recipe
This single serving treat is so simple to make with few ingredients, most of which you already have in your kitchen. You can have these for breakfast, lunch and dessert any time of the day. It is baked in a mini skillet and ready in minutes. You just need to whisk all of the ingredients together into a blender and then pour it into a heated oven-safe skillet with butter and pop it into the oven. It takes twenty minutes and your Dutch baby pancake is ready.
I would love to serve these with Powdered sugar and with fresh strawberries. Additionally, you can drizzle of Nutella, lemon juice or touch of syrup or keep your favorite fruit.
See the full recipe instructions below with minimum ingredients, this Dutch Baby recipe is a must-try once.Print
This truly special breakfast “Dutch baby Pancake” is perfect choice to start your day. It is easy to make. Enjoy these pancakes with a light dusting of powder sugar and add on top fresh fruits as seasonal berries, strawberries or sliced stone fruit. Simple and delicious!
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup milk at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of nutmeg (optional)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Optional toppings: fresh strawberry divided, powdered sugar, sugar syrup and whipped cream for serving on top
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F.
- Place an oven-safe skillet on a middle rack into the oven and preheat for at least 7 to 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend the batter. In a blender or food processor, add eggs, flour, milk, sugar, salt, nutmeg, and vanilla extract. Blend for 30 seconds on high speed until smooth, scrape down the sides. Make sure the batter is to be quite loose and liquid consistency.
- To make the pancake, carefully remove the skillet from the oven using oven mitts and place it on top of the stove.
- Add the butter to the hot pan and coat the bottom and sides of the pan. As the butter melts, pour the batter to the buttered pan, make sure the batter spread evenly to all sides.
- Place the skillet into the oven and then bake for 15-20 minutes or until pancake is puffed, lightly browned across the top, and darker brown from the edges.
- Carefully, remove the skillet from the oven using oven mitts and serve it to a serving plate.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
- Cut into wedges and serve it with seasonal berries right there.
- Always use oven-safe skillet or casserol or even a deep pie dish for a dutch baby pancake.
- Place different toppings on the table and let everyone choose for themselves: Nutella, jams and preserves, lemon curd, peanut butter, maple syrup, fresh fruit you’d like to use up while serving these dutch baby pancakes.
- Make sure the ingredients is to be at room temperature which helps to achieve a super smooth consistency.
- Always remember, the pancake comes out of the pan more easily if it’s rested for a couple of minutes out of the oven.
- You can arrange fruits like blueberries, raspberries, or sliced peaches over the bottom of the skillet and then pour the batter over top.
- Cuisine: German
Keywords: German Baked Pancakes, Dutch Baby puffy pancake recipe, How to Make A Dutch Baby Pancake