Spicy Mushroom Curry
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 50 mins.
- Yield: 4 1x
This Spicy Mushroom Curry is a versatile Indian dish that packs in a burst of flavors made with white button mushrooms, tomatoes, and aromatic spices. It goes so well with plain basmati rice, roti, or butter naan and is ready in under 30 minutes. Quite simple and taste delicious!
- 200 grams mushroom (1 Pack)
- 2–3 tablespoons oil
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon dry fenugreek
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 green chilli
- ½ inch ginger
- Few cashews about 10-12
- 1½ teaspoon kashmiri red chill powder
- ¼ cup fresh cream/malai
- Salt to taste
- 2–3 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
- 1 sachet maggi masala
- Take 200 grams of a white button mushroom pack.
- Wash thoroughly underwater. Do not keep them in water for too long otherwise, they will absorb the water.
- Immediately, pat-dry the mushrooms on kitchen cloth.
- Then discard the bottom portion and slice the mushrooms.
- Now, heat 2-3 tablespoons oil in a wok or kadhai.
- Add cumin seeds to crackle. Turn the flame low to avoid the burning of the spices.
- Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, dry fenugreek leaves, and saute the spices well.
- Make a puree of tomato, 1-green chili, ginger, and 10-12 cashews.
- Add the prepared tomato purée to the kadhai and roast till the oil separates from the masala. Keep the flame low to medium and add kashmiri red chili powder.
- Once the oil separates from the masala, add fresh malai and roast the masala till the oil separates.
- When the masala is roasted, add mushroom slices, salt to taste, and chopped coriander leaves to the masala.
- Cook everything for 1-2 minutes, add ½ cup of water and mix well. Keep gravy consistency light or heavy as you please.
- Cover and cook the curry for 3-4 minutes over low-medium heat.
- Check the curry after 4 minutes. When the sabzi is almost ready, add a sachet of Maggi masala, and mix well. Cover and cook this for another 2 minutes.
- Transfer the sabzi to the serving bowl and garnish it with green coriander leaves.
- This spicy mushroom curry is ready to be served.
- Serve it with chapati, paratha, naan, or rice.
- We used cashews to make gravy heavy, however, you can use poppy seeds, melon seeds, or almonds.
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: North Indian, Punjabi
Keywords: Spicy Mushroom Malai Curry, Restaurant Style Mushroom Masala Recipe, How to make Mushroom Masala