Cheese Corn Sandwich is an easy grilled sweet corn sandwich recipe filled with sweet corn, cheese, vegetables, butter, and mayonnaise. This sandwich is a mouth-watering breakfast or snack option that you might include in your diet over and over again and which can be easily customized to your taste buds. They taste too yummy accompanied with tomato ketchup, or tea or coffee.
I am sure most of us love sandwiches, so today I have shared simple, easy, and also tasty kids friendly snack “Cheese Corn Sandwich Recipe”.
About this Recipe
Cheese Corn Sandwich is a delicious grilled/toasted sandwich made with boiled sweet corn, onion and cheese slice. I made this corn sandwich at regular intervals in my home. Every one loves it because It is healthy and nutritious as too corn kernels are used which are packed with nutrition.
Corn contains dietary fiber that helps to control cholesterol levels in the body.
It also contains Vitamin B6 which decreases the risk of heart disease.
Vitamin A in this promotes eye health.
Cheese is high in calcium and this sandwich is yummy and filing.
You can have this sandwich with a cup of hot tea, coffee, or soup.
You will need few ingredients to make grilled cheese corn sandwich:
Sweet corn: I have used American sweet corn kernels. You can use any variety of sweet corn kernels in the recipe.
Onion: I have used red onion in this recipe. Onion can be julienne or finely chopped. This is optional.
Cheese: I have used cheese slices in the recipe. You can even use mozzarella or cheddar cheese.
Butter: A little amount of butter is used to apply on the bread slices.
Bread: I have used whole wheat bread. You can even use white bread or multigrain bread.
Mayonnaise- You can use any mayonnaise depending on your personal choice and taste.
You can pack this in the kids snack box or tiffin or simply make it for breakfast or evening snacks. When the child returns from school hungry, make this sandwich and serve with ketchup. I have grilled it, but you don’t have a grill, you can make cheese corn toast on tawa. Toast the bread slices on a tawa and add the boiled corn, onion and cheese mixture as a filling and serve.
If you want to add some quick breakfast ideas to your repository this corn cheese toast recipe is your best bet. Do try out and you will love it.
More toast recipes you might likePrint
Cheese Corn Sandwich is an easy grilled sweet corn sandwich recipe filled with sweet corn, cheese, vegetables, butter, and mayonnaise. This sandwich is a mouth-watering breakfast or snack option that you might include in your diet over and over again and which can be easily customized to your taste buds.
- ½ cup boiled sweet corn
- ¼ cup onion (chopped)
- ¼ cup capsicum (chopped)
- ¼ cup tomato (chopped)
- ¼ cup coriander leaves
- 1 green chilli (optional)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Salt to taste
- 4 bread slices
- 4 cheese slices
- 1–2 tablespoons butter
- To prepare the vegetable sandwich filling, in a bowl add boiled corn, chopped capsicum, onion, tomato, green chilli, mayonnaise and, salt to taste.
- Mix until everything is well combined.
- Stuffing is ready.
- To assemble the sandwich, take a slice of bread and evenly apply butter on each slice of bread.
- Place the cheese slices on each slice of bread.
- Put the spoonful of the stuffing and evenly spread it on two bread slices.
- Place another bread slice on each to cover it.
- Lightly press to cover the sandwich.
- Carefully place the sandwich on a griller or a Tawa and toast in little butter until crisp and golden brown from both sides. Apply butter on top if needed.
- Toast properly on low flame and gently flip to toast the other side of the bread.
- Turn of the flame and transfer it to a serving plate.
- Cut it diagonally.
- Serve immediately with tomato ketchup, green chutney or tea or coffee.
- You can use any bread of your choice like white bread, whole wheat bread, or multi-grain bread
- You can add any vegetables of your choice, like carrot, yellow or red bell pepper, or boiled peas in this recipe to make it more colorful and will taste great.
- Instead of using eggless mayonnaise, add green chutney to make it spicier if serving not for kids.
- Make sure to use butter at room temperature, it will help to spread on bread slices easily.
- If you are making for your kids, avoid using the green chilies.
- You can also grill the sandwiches in the oven. Just place them in a preheated toaster or grill. Then grill or toast the corn sandwich for 2 to 3 minutes or till the bread gets toasted well and golden brown.
- Category: Breakfast, Snacks
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: Sweet corn grilled sandwich, Easy Cheese Corn Sandwich Recipe, Breakfast Recipes, Street Style Sandwich Recipe