Poha Rolls, a crispy and tasty cylindrical rolls. It is a perfect snack recipe for a party, get together, breakfast, or even for your kid’s lunchbox. This will be loved by everyone in your family and by your friends because of it’s crispy texture outside and full of flavors inside. Poha Roll is another lip smacking poha recipe. The easy-to-make recipe is made with beaten rice (poha), roasted peanuts, potato, coriander leaves and a combination of less spices. To bind these poha rolls, boiled potatoes not only give the good texture to poha rolls but also give a taste. You just need few things in your kitchen and you are good to go to make this absolutely amazing snack.
Using poha, chivda or beaten rice helps to make various snack and sweet recipes like shahi poha, poha kachori etc. It gives a very good binding and crispness to the snacks.
For flavouring I have used homemade chaat masala as it gives perfect taste to any snack recipes.
If you have boiled potatoes already, then you can make these rolls in just 10 minutes.
Serve these rolls with a cup of tea or with green chutney or with tomato sauce.
Do give this recipe a try and share your comments with us.
Poha RollsPrint Recipe
- ¾ cup flattened rice (poha or chivda)
- 2 large potatoes boiled and grated
- ¼ cup onion finely chopped
- ¼ cup carrot grated
- ¼ cup peanuts roasted and crused
- 1 teaspoon chilly flakes
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 green chilly finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- In a grinder jar, add flattened rice (poha) to make a powder
- Now take a large mixing bowl, add the boiled grated potatoes along with poha powder, grated carrot, onion and peanuts.
- Add the spices into this mixture- chilly flakes, coriander powder, cumin seeds, green chilly and salt to taste.
- Mix all the ingredients together well. Heat enough oil in a kadhai on medium to high flame.
- Spread a little bit oil to your palms, take a small portion of the mixture and give it a cylindrical shape. Shape all poha rolls.
- When the oil becomes hot, add the prepared poha rolls.
- Fry the poha rolls until they become crisp and light golden in color.
- Continue frying till the poha rolls look golden and crisp.
- Once the rolls have desired color and texture, remove the fried pohas roll on kitchen paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- Do same with the remaining rolls. Deep fry them as well.
- Serve poha rolls hot with your favorite accompaniment like tomato sauce or green chutney or with a cup of tea.