If we talk about few delicious finger food items that can be eaten any day time interval than I think these Cheesy Broccoli Croquettes are such a perfect appetizer for various occasions/parties. This is so tempting and mouth-watering recipe for you and your kids as well. These Broccoli Cheese Balls are very much loved by the kids because of it’s cheese filling inside and crispy and flaky texture with a panko crumb coating outside.
To me, the best Croquettes ever. This preparation takes a little bit time but ready in 15 minutes. This recipe is a mix of “of coarse” fresh broccoli which fully coated in gooey, melted cheese and then we give them the shape we want. To hold their perfect shape, refrigerate them for at least 30 minutes. After, coat them with a flour, dip in egg slurry, fully cover in Panko crumbs, and fry them until golden and crispy.
Let see, how to make these fresh broccoli croquettes with cheese following the recipe details mentioned below.
Do try this amazing party recipe.Print
These Cheesy Broccoli Croquettes are crispy and flaky through outside and little gooey with fresh broccoli and cheese on the inside. A great party food appetizer!
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup shredded colby cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces velveeta, cut into small chunks
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 ¼ cups panko crumbs, divided
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- ½ cup all-purpose flour (maida)
- 2 lightly whisked eggs
- Vegetable or canola oil
- Steam the broccoli florets for 3-4 minutes or until it slightly softened. Let it cool completely slightly.
- Now finely chop the broccoli around ¼ inch pieces or less. Keep it in a large bowl.
- Add cheese, red pepper flakes, ¼ cup white bread crumbs and 1 egg to a bowl Mix well.
- Then using your hands or fingertips just shape the mixture into round shape just like the ball. Divide the mixture into 12-4 equal portions.
- Place all prepared ball on to a plate and refrigerate it for at least 30 minutes.
- Place flour in a bowl.
- Place the 2 lightly beaten eggs in a second bowl and mix in 1 tablespoon water.
- Place remaining 2 cups Panko crumbs in a third bowl.
- Pour about 2 inches of oil in a Dutch oven or heavy pot. Heat oil to 375 degrees. For best results use a thermometer.
- Remove broccoli balls from refrigerator, coat in flour, dip in egg mixture, and then coat in Panko crumbs.
- Fry about 4 balls at a time cooking until golden brown on all sides.
- Drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
Keywords: Broccoli Cheese Balls, Broccoli Cheese Croquettes Recipe, How to make Cheesy Broccoli croquettes