Chocolate Mousse with Aquafaba is a super rich, light, creamy and healthier mousse made with just 3 pantry staple ingredients : the liquid from canned chickpeas, tea bags, and dark chocolate. It is very easy to make, vegan, dairy free and gluten free dessert for any occasion.
- 1 glass aquafaba (canned chickpeas liquid)
- 2–3 tea bags
- 1 cup dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon chocolate shavings
- A handful of pomegranate seeds
- A handful of chopped pistachios
- Take 1 glass of canned chickpea in a saucepan.
- Add tea bags into it.
- Place it over medium-high heat.
- Remove the pan before it starts to simmer.
- Transfer it to a bowl and remove the tea bags once it cools down.
- In a stand mixer, or using an electric hand blender, beat the cooled aquafaba until the stiff peaks are formed.
- Now, melt some chocolate using a double boiler process (pour water into the pan about 3 cm deep and let it boil. Reduce the flame to a simmer. Place a heatproof bowl on top of the pan. Make sure the water doesn’t touch the bottom. Add 1 cup of dark chocolate into pieces and allow it to melt.
- Once the chocolate melts, remove it and then, set aside to cool a little bit.
- Add cooled melted chocolate to the whipped aquafaba.
- Using a silicone spatula, gently stir it until everything has been mixed well and no streaks of chocolate remain.
- Scoop the mousse into serving glasses and refrigerate for at least an hour or overnight to set.
- Garnish it with some chocolate shavings just before serving.
- Whipping the aquafaba is quite long, but not hard. It might require a little patience, so don’t be afraid of whipping too long because aquafaba cannot be overwhipped. This can take about 7-10 minutes.
- You can also melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl, microwave the chocolate for 30 seconds, stirring in between, until the chocolate is completely melted.
- To firm up the chocolate mousse , it is necessary to refrigerate the mousse to set for at least an hour or overnight.
- You can also garnish it with homemade coconut whipped cream, fresh fruit, or any topping you love.
- For storage suggestions, this chocolate mousse could be kept in the fridge for up to 3 days, but be sure to store it in an airtight container.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: International
Keywords: Aquafaba Mousse, 3-Ingredients Vegan Mousse with Aquafaba, Vegan chickpea dessert, Chocolate mousse from aquafaba