Samosa is considered a favorite breakfast of us Indians. There is hardly anyone who does not like samosa. A diet conscious man also eats samosas occasionally; you may have eaten Potato, Pea, and Paneer Samosa many times, but Chocolate Samosa very rarely. But today we have brought for you special fusion samosa which is filled with chocolate and you can eat it as a dessert too. Traditional samosas have been given a different shape by adding pistachios, sugar and chocolate. If you want, you can make this recipe at your birthday party, potluck or kitty parties. Not everyone likes the taste of chocolate, but when you eat these chocolate samosas, it will taste good. Chocolate samosas are a little different from your standard vegetable samosa. They have a delightful aroma, a chocolate taste and the added delicious experience of crispness from the frying.
Let us know how to make this chocolate samosa and where it is most popular, I like chocolate very much, when I was making them, the chocolate flavor came out that enchanted me, those of you who are familiar with samosas, they would know that it is a popular savory South Asian snack. Originally a triangular thin crispy snack filled with spicy mashed potatoes to pea cheese etc. You all must have eaten a lot of samosas, maybe some of you may have also made. But today the samosa we are talking about, you have hardly eaten and it will not be made at all. The best part of it is that your children will surely like it.
I always find an excuse to eat chocolate, so I made a recipe of Chocolate Samosa. So before I leave you to make this recipe for Chocolate Samosa, I want to share some tips to make Chocolate Samosa :
You can use any kind of chocolate you like. Dark, milk, nutty, anything you like!
Seal the samosa stripe and wrap corners properly
You do not have to add too much chocolate, too much filling can cause the samosa to burst and the chocolate will melt.
These chocolate samosas are taken out of the oven directly. I like to serve them by garnishing them with chopped pistachios.
Let’s know the easy recipe for making Chocolate Samosa.
Chocolate SamosasPrint Recipe
- 1 cup Dark chocolate (grated)
- 1½ cups Refined flour
- 4 tbsps. Castor sugar + 1 tsp.
- 2 tbsps. Ghee
- 1 tablespoon Pistachio slivers
- 1 cup Sugar
- Oil for deep-frying
- First add refined flour, 4 tbsps castor sugar and ghee in a bowl. Mix well and rub until the mixture is of breadcrumb-like texture.
- Pour sufficient water and knead a semi-stiff dough. Keep it refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Combine chocolate and pistachio in a bowl. Mix well and add 1 tsp. castor sugar and mix well.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions and roll out into medium size rotis. Cut halves the rotis . Apply water on one edge half and roll into a small cone. Keep aside some chocolate mixture for garnishing
- Pour a spoonful of the chocolate mixture into the cone and seal to make a samosa. Similar prepare the remaining. Make thick sugar syrup by cooking sugar in 1 cup water.
- Heat sufficient oil in a pan. Deep-fry samosas on low heat till golden and crisp.
- Drain on tissue paper.
- Dip samosas in sugar syrup and soak them well.
- Garnish with reserved chocolate mixture and pistachios and serve immediately.