French mozzarella sticks are a cheesy delightful appetizer loaded with the goodness of cheese, simple to make without putting too much effort and can be ready at home easily. You can make this crunchy snack for your family and friends. Choose a compact mozzarella cheese, cut it into slices, coat it in the egg and then in the breadcrumbs and then quickly fry in a peanut or vegetable oil until golden in color. You can make a big batch of these sticks in a couple of minutes.
These mozzarella cheese sticks are my favorite appetizer or snack and I think everyone will like them as much as we do. It is also kid friendly recipe to make on the weekends. To make it more healthy and delicious, serve it as a side dish with soups or with fresh salad or can also serve with tomato sauce or ketchup.
So let’s find out how to prepare these perfect French mozzarella sticks, only you have to follow these simple steps to nail this easy recipe.Print
These Frozen French Mozzarella cheese sticks are super crisp, filled with cheese inside, a quick and easy party appetizer or evening snack. Ready in less than 10 minutes!
- 400 grams mozzarella cheese
- 3 eggs (whisked)
- 1 ½ cups (150 grams) breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil or peanut oil
- Salt to taste
- Break the eggs into a bowl and whisk them well using a fork or hand beater.
- Cut the mozzarella cheese into long strips around 7-8 centimeters and about 1 centimeter thick (just like as we cut french fries).
- Dip each chesse stick one by one into the eggs mixture and then then coat with thick layer of bread crumbs gently all around. Repeat the same process for a second time.
- Prepare with rest of the mozzarella sticks in the same way.
- Arrange all coated mozzarella cheese sticks on a tray and let them harden in the refrigerator for at least half an hour.
- Heat peanut seeds oil in a deep frying pan on medium high heat, once the oil becomes hot then drop the mozzarella cheese sticks slowly into it and fry them from both sides by turning.
- Fry them till they are golden brown and crisp on all sides, Remove them out over a paper towel or an absorbent paper so that excess oil gets absorbed.
- Season ith a pinch of salt and serve hot with tomato ketchup or schezwan sauce.
- You can use regular mozzarella cheese, cut it into strips 7-8 centimeters long and about 1 centimeter thick.
- You can also freeze sticks overnight in a zip log bag and store for several months. Fry or bake them directly from frozen.
- These cheesy sticks are best enjoyed immediately after making. You can try saving the leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator then reheat them gently in a 350 degree F oven until warmed through.
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: Frozen Mozzarella Sticks, French Mozzarella Cheese Sticks, How to make Mozzarella Cheese Sticks