Hot and sour soup is the most popular Indo Chinese soup. It is a simple soup recipe known for its spice and sourness taste, a mixture of full of flavours with bitterness, spice, sour and savoury in it. This soup ordered almost every time in restaurants. This recipe served as an appetizer or starter just before an indo chinese or north indian meal. It is super easy to make as well as very healthy also. In general, it is prepared with chopped vegetables and indo chinese sauces like soya sauce, chilli sauce etc. with a fried noodles topping but can also be made with your own clear and tasty vegetable stock with leftover vegetables an then make the flavorsome vegetables shine with some Indian red chili and spices, few commonly available sauces and there you have it. This smooth and tasty soup will keep you warm during the cold winter night, do try once.
Hot and Sour SoupPrint Recipe
- For the soup - 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoon cabbage, finely chopped
- ½ capsicum, finely chopped
- 5 beans, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon spring onion, finely chopped
- 2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chilli sauce
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 cups water
- To garnish - 2 tablespoon spring onion
- For corn flour slurry - 2 tablespoon corn flour
- ¼ cup water
For the soup:
- In a deep pan or non-stick kadhai, heat 2 tbsp oil. Stir fry 2 clove garlic, 1 inch ginger and 1 chilli in non-stick kadhai for 1 minute.
- Add 2 tbsp spring onion and stir fry until it softens.
- Further, add 1 carrot, 3 tbsp cabbage, ½ capsicum and 5 beans.
- Stir fry everything for 2 minutes til the veggies are half cooked.
- Add 4 cups of water, 2 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp vinegar and 1 tsp chilli sauce along with ½ tsp pepper powder, ½ tsp sugar and ½ tsp salt.
- Let it boil for 3 minutes or until flavours is absorbed well.
For corn flour slurry:
- In a cup or bowl, add 2 tbsp corn flour in ¼ cup water and make slurry out of it.
- Pour the slurry into the soup slowly and continuously stir the soup continuously stir the soup with the other hand, until the soup thickens slightly..
- Continue to boil for 2 more minutes. Finally, add 2 tbsp spring onion.
- Turn off the flame and the Hot and Sour Soup is ready.