This is an easy instant Barfi recipe, soft, moist, and melts in the mouth with every bite. It can be made in less than 15 minutes with just four main ingredients: milk, ghee, milk powder, and sugar. A simple and delicious sweet recipe for any occasion.
- 1 cup full fat milk
- ¼ cup ghee/clarified butter
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 2 cups milk powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar or adjust to taste
- 3 tablespoons tutti-frutti
- 5–6 almonds (roughly chopped)
- 5–6 pistachios (roughly chopped)
- Grease the tray with ghee or lined with parchment/butter paper in which you will set the barfi. Set aside.
- In a heavy bottom pan, add ghee to melt.
- Then add the milk. Heat the milk for a minute.
- Cook on low flame and stir continuously while the milk is heating.
- Take another pan and dry roast the desiccated coconut on low heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Once the milk begins to thick, add milk powder in two batches.
- Mix together continuously and cook for 3 to 4 minutes until the mixture thickens. Make sure no lumps are formed.
- Then add sugar and tutti frutti. Mix well combined.
- At this point, don’t increase the flame and keep stirring continuously, else it might stick to the pan.
- After sometime the mixture will begin to thicken and will separate from the pan. Once it forms into a ball-like structure, Turn off the flame.
- Pour the milk powder burfi mixture in the greased tray and evenly spread it with the help of a spatula or the back of a spoon.
- Garnish with some chopped almonds and pistachios and gently press them inside with a spatula.
- Allow to set for an hour before cutting them into square pieces.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for upto 10 days.
- Make sure the flame is not very high while making the barfi, as this mixture might stick to the pan.
- Cook the barfi mixture till it forms into a ball-like structure and ghee starts leaving the sides of the mixture , else it won’t set properly and will become sticky.
- Check the right consistency, take a pinch, roll it, if it forms a ball, then it means the mixture is ready to make burfi.
- You can also add cardamom powder to give flavour.
- Do not cook on high heat else the mixture will stick to the pan
- Category: Sweets
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: Milk powder burfi recipe, Instant Milk powder barfi, Easy homemade Sweet Recipe,