Summer season is at the peak and the best thing about this hot summer season is Fresh Juicy Mangoes. Honestly, every Indian loves mangoes and its products. Now that mango season is at the peak, we are here with Mango Papad recipe (a.k.a amawat). It’s a very delicious preparation that can be stored and eaten weeks later.
So, without any further ado let’s start with the required ingredients for the recipe.Print
Mango papad or Aam papad is like a tangy candy also known as Aamsotto, Amba vadi, or Amawat, loved by everyone made by cooking the mango pulp and then sun-dried. It can be made very easily and quickly at home. Here is a recipe of flavorful, sweet, and a bit tangy Mango Papad Recipe.
- 500 grams ripe mango pulp
- 100 grams sugar
- ½ teaspoon cardamom powder
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ghee/oil for greasing
- Wash, peel, and roughly chop the mangoes.
- Transfer the mango pulp to a blending jar and blend it to make a smooth puree without adding water. Make sure that no mango chunks are left in the puree.
- Grind it at regular intervals in 2 – 3 batches.
- Now, heat a pan, add the prepared mango puree to a cooking pan, add sugar and mix it.
- Cook it for 18-20 minutes on low-medium flame until the pulp thickens well, keep stirring occasionally.
- Add cardamom powder to it and mix well.
- Turn off the flame.
- Grease a plate or tray with ghee and gently pour the cooked mango mixture into it, spread it evenly into a thin layer.
- Keep the tray to dry in the sunshine for 2-3 days until it turns translucent by covering them with a sieve or with a thin cloth.
- Once the Mango Papad has dried completely, scrape the sides out of the dried Mango Papad using a knife.
- Cut it into the pieces gently without damaging the aam papad.
- Delicious Aam papad is ready to eat.
- Store it in airtight container and consume it within 3 weeks.
- Remember, choose mangoes that are not overripe and have a slight sourness. This way the aam papad won’t be too sweet.
- Adjust the sugar depending on the sweetness you prefer. Adding sugar is optional.
- Make sure to grease the plate or tray well else aam papad will be difficult to peel.
- The sun-drying process depends on the climate and also depends on the thickness of the mango pulp.
- If the sun’s heat is strong then the Mango Papad will be dried and ready by evening. Else you can keep the plate in your room or the kitchen. This Mango Papad also dries in the wind, and will be dried by morning as could not get enough sun.
- You can cut Mango Papad according to your desired shapes and sizes.
- You can store and eat Mango Papad for 1-2 months if kept in the fridge.
- Additionally, you can also make Spicy Mango(Aam) Papad by adding black salt and some black peppers to the mixture.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: Homemade Mango Papad Recipe, How to Make Perfect Aam Papad, Easy Mango Recipe