Chocolate always delights everyone whether it’s a celebration or for sweet craving after having spicier food. It immediately changes your taste with its chocolaty and creamy touch. It also helps to energize your body and refreshes your mood as well. It comes up in different forms as cakes, biscuits, and chocolate sticks. The two main types of chocolate are white and dark chocolate. Here, I’m sharing a simple recipe of homemade White Chocolate using just four ingredients, ready in minutes and tastes so good.
About This Recipe
As the name suggests, white chocolate comes up in white color! Typically, it is made with a combination of cocoa butter, lecithin (a fatty emulsifier), milk products, sugar, and vanilla essence.
In fact, the soul of any chocolate is cocoa butter. There is no chocolate without cocoa butter whether it is dark, milky, white, or any other form. Cocoa butter is what gives the chocolate a beautiful shiny touch. It makes the chocolate melt in your mouth and it is what makes chocolate ‘chocolate’. Thus, it is the base of white chocolate too.
What I like about white chocolate is that you can make this from scratch with no special tools at home. I have never been fond of store-bought white chocolate because those chocolates contain cocoa solids but in this recipe, I simply replaced cocoa butter with coconut oil and the other three ingredients can be easily found in your kitchen. Therefore, it is an ideal chocolate snack to gift both, friends and family for numerous occasions.
Honestly, this white chocolate came up with so creamy and buttery texture that you may include in a variety of dishes like cakes, cookies, milkshakes or mousse recipes, etc.
All you have to do is follow the instructions carefully while making white chocolate.
This homemade white chocolate requires just 4 simple ingredients and you can change them up to your liking.
Coconut oil- I have used here coconut oil instead of cocoa butter which gives it a silky smooth texture like cocoa butter.
Dry milk powder – I have used milk powder. If you want to make vegan white chocolate, you can use coconut milk powder or soy milk powder.
Sweetener – use your favorite powdered sugar: coconut sugar, cane sugar, etc. If you have granulated sugar, you can just grind the sugar to make powdered sugar.
Vanilla Extract– I often like to add vanilla extract to this recipe. You can use also vanilla straight from the pod, vanilla powder.
You’ll also need the equipment for melting the coconut oil by using the double boiler method.
This recipe is enough for 1 bar using the silicone mold. Feel free to adapt the mold as per your liking. Avoid hard (non-flexible) chocolate molds because you will not be able to take out chocolate easily.
This White chocolate recipe stores well. You can store it in an airtight container, keep away from direct sunlight in a slightly cool space and eat later. It will taste as delicious as freshly prepared.
To preserve freshness, wrap white chocolate in plastic or parchment paper before sealing.
So, are you ready to make chocolates at home?
Learn how to make simple white chocolate with just four ingredients!Print
White Chocolate is an easy, melt-in-the-mouth chocolate recipe ready in minutes using just four simple ingredients like coconut oil, powdered sugar, milk powder, and vanilla extract. Make your own homemade sweet and creamy white chocolate with this easy recipe. It is so perfect to eat and delicious!
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup white powdered sugar or any powdered sweetener of choice
- ¾ cup milk powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium-sized saucepan, add 2 inches of water, and on top place a heatproof bowl over a pan of water to create a double boiler. Set to medium-low heat.
- Next, add ½ cup coconut oil into the above bowl, Stir with a spoon until it melts.
- Now add powdered sugar and milk powder.
- Stir well everything to avoid lumps and until you get a smooth-flowing consistency.
- The white chocolate mixture is ready.
- Pour this mixture into the chocolate silicone chocolate bar moulds.
- Gently tap twice to remove the air bubbles.
- Refrigerate it for 1 hour until they are firm and sets completely.
- After refrigerating, take out the chocolate from the mould.
- Finally, this white chocolate is ready to eat.
- For the double boiler process, fill the bottom pot with one or two inches of water. Now, place a smaller heatproof bowl that can be easily fitted inside the bottom saucepan. So that steam doesn’t escape.
- Make sure, keep stirring while adding sugar and milk powder to avoid the formation of the lump. It should have smooth and flowing consistency.
- Adjust the amount of sugar depending upon the sweetness you prefer.
- Adding vanilla extract gives a nice flavor to this chocolate.
- To make this chocolate, I have used silicone chocolate bar moulds but you can use moulds of your choice.
- Always tap twice the mould to remove the extra air bubbles and then keep it in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to set completely.
- White chocolate stays good for a month when refrigerated.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: Homemade White Chocolate Recipe, How to make White Chocolate, Easy White Chocolate Bars