Pasta is one of those Italian recipes, loved by kids and adults as well. There are many varieties of Pasta recipes that you can easily make at home with using very few ingredients such as olive oil, vegetables and some Italian seasoning. They are so delicious when cooked in different sauces and named by Red sauce pasta, White sauce pasta, Basil Pesto sauce pasta etc.
You can make different combinations with your favourite choice of Pasta like Spaghetti, Penne, Fettuccine, Macaroni, Ravioli, Lasagna, Fusilli etc. along with different pasta sauces such as Tomato Basil Sauce, Pesto Sauce, White Cheese Sauce, Roasted Cauliflower Sauce, Mushroom Sauce and the list goes on.
You can try these delicious Pasta recipes for dinner or can even serve it as an evening snack for kids. This easy Pasta recipe goes well with a glass of any chilled beverages for a summer dinner. You can serve these Easy Pasta Recipes along with a cold smoothie or a milkshake to the kids.
About this Recipe
The white sauce pasta recipe is an easy pasta recipe made with white sauce and veggies and some Italian seasoning.
This is a most comforting pasta recipe, so creamy, delicious filled with vegetables and flavored with Italian seasoning, black pepper powder and red chilli flakes. It is a perfect treat for the kid’s lunch box or even as special weekend meal.Print
White Sauce Pasta is a delicious and healthy wholesome pasta recipe with few vegetables, some dried herbs and flavored sauces. Learn how to make healthy pasta in a few simple steps.
For the Pasta
- 1 cup penne pasta
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Salt to taste
- ¾ cup sweet corn
- 1 cup broccoli cut into florets
- 1 red bell pepper (capsicum) diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper diced
- ½ tablespoon salted butter
- Red chilli flakes only, if you like it a little spicy
- Salt to taste
For White Sauce
- 1½ tablespoons salted butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour or whole wheat flour
- 1½ cups milk, boiled & cooled
- 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese, grated
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder
- Italian seasoning, to taste
- Red chilli flakes to taste
- Salt to taste
How to make Pasta in White Sauce
- Heat enough water in a large saucepan.
- Add salt and oil to it.
- Once the water comes to a boil, add the pasta.
- Cook it until the pasta become soft but firm.
- Continue stirring in between.
- Once cooked, strain the cooked pasta through a colander and reserve 1 cup of the water in which the pasta is cooked. (this starchy water may be used further to thin the sauce)
- In a sauce pan melt butter on a low flame and add flour to it. Roast the flour well for about a minute.
- Add ½ of the boiled and cooled milk slowly, as you stir the flour continuously so that it blends well with the milk without forming lumps.
- Now stir in remaining milk and allow the sauce to boil and thicken. Season it with black pepper powder, salt and chilly flakes. (be careful while adding salt as veggies and pasta also have salt).
- Lastly add grated cheese, mix well and cook for a while and put off the flame. The white sauce is ready. If the sauce appears lumpy and thick, add hot water (we reserved in step 1 ) to thin it. Allow the sauce to simmer until desired consistency is reached.
- Meanwhile heat butter in another pan and add the boiled sweet corn kernels and other veggies and saute for 1-2 minutes. Season the veggies with salt and chilly flakes. Do not over-cook the bell peppers and broccoli. Veggies give a nice crunch to the creamy pasta.
- Add the sauteed vegetables to the white sauce and stir well. Lastly add boiled pasta to vegetables and white sauce and stir so that the pasta coats well with the sauce.
- Serve Penne Pasta immediately
- Do not discard the water used to cook pasta. This starchy water can be used to thin the white sauce.
- Mushrooms, Baby corn, Peas, Carrots can be used in this recipe.
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: White Sauce Pasta with Vegetables, How to make Penne Pasta in White Sauce, Pasta recipe in creamy white sauce