Apples are a great choice and wonderful first food for baby!
As the old saying goes, “An Apple a Day” is indeed good for health. This delicious nutrient-dense puree is so simple to make, easy to digest and are full with so many nutrients. Apples are also very versatile and can be used in variety of other baby foods you find. Great baby food for 4 months and up.
This puree is great for baby’s first bite because of its creamy and smooth texture, filled with fiber, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals and ready in less than 20 minutes. To make this puree flavorful, you can flavored with a pinch of cinnamon. For growing babies, you can just mash with a masher or a spoon instead of pureeing them into a blender.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other baby Food recipes such as:
Apples are one of the best and most nutrient-dense foods, sweet in taste with a creamy and smooth texture, which you can give your baby’s first food.
- 1 medium sized fresh apple
- Water for cooking as needed
- A pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- To begin making Apple puree recipe, first sterilize bowls and spoons used for your baby in a hot water vessel for five minutes and keep immersed in it until use.
- Now wash apple under runny water and peel the apple with a peeler. Then cut the apple into equal size small pieces.
- Add the chopped apple pieces by adding a cup of water and a pinch of cinnamon (totally optional) to a pressure cooker for 2 whistles. Alternatively, you can steam the apple pieces in a steamer for 5 minutes. Let it cool down.
- Once the apple is cooked well, add in a blender jar with little water and make a smooth puree.
- Serve immediately or freeze for later.
- You can mash it with a fork instead of blending the apples.
- Always consult with your pediatrician before introducing any new food to the baby.
- Steaming is a healthy option for baby food than pressure cooking. So I prefer steaming using an Idli pot or steamer.
- When choosing apples, go for sweet tasting apples like use gala and delicious red variety for your baby.
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: Apple Puree recipe, How to make apple puree, Fresh apple sauce