Chilli Paneer is one the most popular recipe of Indo-Chinese cuisine and now popular all over India, made with paneer (cottage cheese) and veggies tossed in a sweet, sour and spicy sauce. All you need to prepare this easy recipe is some fresh paneer cubes, some vegetables, i.e., capsicum, spring onions, etc., and sauces like tomato ketchup, soya sauce and vinegar. It is mostly served with your favorite Indo Chinese stir fried Noodles or schezwan fried rice. It can be served as an appetizer or main course as well.
This restaurant style chilli paneer mostly prepared in three different ways – Chilli paneer dry, Chilli paneer semi dry and Chilli paneer with gravy. I tried Chill Paneer dry recipe at my home so many times. This is so easy to make at home. It is my all-time favorite recipe and I make it quite often at home. The chilli paneer dry and chilli paneer semi dry version mostly served as an appetizer and the chilli paneer with gravy is mostly served as a side dish or with main course. So when ever you make stir fried rice or noodles, you can make chilli paneer gravy aside.
Well, here I am sharing the gravy version of restaurant style chilli paneer at home easily by following step by step instructions mentioned below. Try once at home, you will feel how easy and tasty this can be made at home!
So without wasting time, let’s get started.Print
Chilli Paneer is one the most popular recipe of Indo-Chinese cuisine, made with paneer (cottage cheese) and veggies tossed in a sweet, sour and spicy sauce. It is mostly served with Noodles or stir fry schezwan fried rice
- 200 gram paneer (cottage cheese), cut into cubes
- 1 cup onion diced
- 1 cup capsicum diced
- 1 tablespoon ginger finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons spring onion chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon corn flour (corn starch)
- 1 cup water
- 4 dry red chilies
- 1 inch ginger piece
- 1 tablespoon garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon onion chopped
- ¼ cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
For the marinade
- 4 tablespoons corn flour
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour (maida)
- 1 teaspoon soya sauce
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- First, you need to soak 200 gram paneer in lukewarm water for 5 to 6 minutes. After that, cut into cubes.
- In a bowl, add corn flour, all-purpose flour, salt, pepper and soya sauce. Nicely mix all the ingredients.
- Now add the paneer cubes, leave them to marinate. So that, each paneer cube can be nicely coated with the flour mixture.
- Add little water if the above mixture is too thick and keep aside.
How to make Red Chilli paste
- First, soak the dry red chili in hot water 5 to 6 minutes. Cover it and keep aside till they soften a bit.
- Later, in a blender jar, add soaked red chilies along with water, ginger, garlic, onion, and tomato ketchup. Blend it make a smooth paste. Set it aside.
- Also make corn flour and water slurry. Mix well to make lump free slurry. Set it aside.
How to make Chilli Paneer gravy
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan and shallow fry the marinated paneer cubes until they become light golden in color and crisp from each sides. While frying, do not turn the paneer cubes again and again. Transfer it to a plate and set aside.
- In the same pan, add chopped ginger and garlic. Stir fry for few seconds. Add onion, and stir-fry over a high flame for 1 – 2 minutes or till onion soften a bit.
- Add the capsicum and sauté for a minute or so.
- Next add vinegar, soy sauce, chili sauce, salt, and mix nicely.
- Now, add the cornflour paste and stir the sauce continuously to avoid any lump formation.
- The sauce will start thickening now. Taste and adjust the seasoning accordingly
- Once the sauce thickens, add fried paneer cubes. Stir to combine. Allow the sauce to simmer over low heat for 5 – 6 minutes for paneer to absorb the flavor.
- Garnish the chilli paneer with chopped spring onion greens.
- Serve Chilli Paneer hot with stir fry fried rice or noodles.
- Always use fresh and soft homemade paneer.
- Do not deep-fry the marinated paneer cubes too much. As a result, they become chewy and hard.
- You can make red chilli paste/sauce in advance and can also refrigerate it.
- According to your preference, adjust the amount of red chilli while making the sauce.
- If the gravy is thick then adjust the consistency of the gravy by adding water, if required.
- Finally, chilli paneer recipe tastes great when served hot and spicy.
- Cuisine: Indo-Chinese
Keywords: Chilli Paneer in gravy, Restaurant-Style Chilli Paneer Recipe, How to make Chilli Paneer at Home,