Homemade lemonade with a spicy kick from fresh ginger, perfectly sweet, and a hint of salt, poured over ice cubes makes a refreshing summer drink. Ready in under 20 minutes, this lemonade will be your favorite drink in the summer.
Both lemon and ginger have antioxidants and help boost overall immunity and digestive health.
Ginger is a natural antibacterial and antiviral that helps fight infections in the body.
Lemon is a good source of vitamin C and other nutrients.
Sugar in this recipe can be reduced or substituted with honey for a healthier lemonade.
Natural Sweetener – I used honey.
Bring lemon juice, sugar, ginger, and a cup of water to boil. Strain, allow it to cool down, and store in a glass jar. To serve simply stir in a few tablespoons of the concentrate in chilled water and a sprinkle of salt.
Place lemon juice, sugar, salt, and ginger in a cup of warm water for a couple of hours to allow the flavors to infuse. Strain and stir in a few tablespoons of the concentrate to chilled water.
Use sparkling water or club soda instead of chilled water to mix in with the ginger lemon concentrate.
Although freshly made lemonade always tastes the best, you can easily refrigerate it for 2 to 3 days. You can also make the concentrate and store it in the fridge up to a week ahead or pour in an ice cube tray and freeze for longer shelf life.
Leftover homemade lemonade will store within the refrigerator for 2-4 days. Just give it a quick stir before using and away you go.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Here are some of my other favorite drinks using fresh ginger:Print
A refreshing, healthy fresh ginger lemonade is a quick and easy-to-make beverage that is made with very few ingredients, a naturally sweetened drink full of fresh lemon flavor and ginger. It’s pretty much perfect when served with ice on a warm day!
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger minced
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 + 3½ cups of water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Ice cubes as required
- Lemon slices and fresh mint (optional)
- In a saucepan, boil two cups of water. Add the sugar and ginger.
- Heat over medium heat, and stir occasionally until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Remove from heat and then strain the ginger syrup through a fine sieve in a bowl.
- Transfer the syrup to the refrigerator to cool or use immediately.
- When ready to make the lemonade, combine the cooled syrup along with three and a half cups of water, and lemon juice.
- Stir the lemonade well.
- Pour the lemonade into tall glasses filled with ice cubes.
- Garnish with lemon slices and fresh mint if desired.
- Serve immediately.
- Instead of bottled lemon juice, use only fresh squeezed lemon juice for the best results.
- I have used granulated sugar for this recipe, but you can replace sugar with honey, or with other natural sweeteners such as maple syrup, coconut sugar, jaggery, stevia, or your choice. Just be aware that each sweetener differs in flavor, so you just need to adjust the quantity according to your taste.
- You can also add various herbs depending on your preference for the lemonade. You may include fresh mint, basil, lavender, rosemary, etc.
- This lemonade can be stored in a mason jar in the fridge for up to 2 days. When you’re ready for a refreshing drink, simply dilute with water and ice cubes.
- This recipe can be easily doubled or tripled.
- Cuisine: American, Indian
Keywords: How to make Ginger Lemonade Recipe, Simple and Healthy Lemonade Recipe, Fresh Ginger Lemon juice, Easy Lemonade Recipe