Momoz chutney is a spicy, delicious, vegan and gluten-free chutney made with tomatoes, garlic and dry red chillies, served with Tibetan dumplings momos. Serving momos is incomplete without this dipping sauce. Apart from veg momos, can also have it with any other dumplings or fritters or aloo tikki, This chutney is just similar to tomato chilli garlic sauce but has little liquid consistency. If you are planning to make momos at home, never miss to serve momos with this yummy Tibetan momos chutney with it.
More easy chutney recipes are :
Please do not miss to share your feedback in the comments section below.
Momos chutney recipePrint Recipe
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 3 inch ginger chopped
- 12 to 15 cloves garlic clove peeled
- 2 dry red chilli
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl, soak the dry red chilli in vinegar for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep bottom pan, add garlic, ginger and onion, sauté them for 2 minutes on medium flame.
- Add tomato; stir fry it for another 2 minutes on medium flame.
- Turn off the flame and allow it to cool the mixture.
- Add salt and transfer it to a grinder jar.
- Additionally, add sugar and also dry red chilli along with vinegar.
- Grind it to make smooth puree, do not add water.
- Finally, momos chutney is ready; serve it along with steamed or fried veg momos or veg spring rolls or pakoda
- If you like momos sauce spicier than add some extra red chillies.
- Additionally, depending on the tanginess of tomatoes, adjust the amount of sugar.
- Last, momos chutney stays good for a week or more when refrigerated.