Sweet potatoes with avocado salsa is a delicious and nutritious dish that combines the earthy sweetness of sweet potatoes with the creamy richness of avocado salsa. This recipe is a popular choice among those looking for a healthy and flavorful side dish or vegetarian main course option. Here’s a general overview of how you can prepare sweet potatoes with avocado salsa:
Sweet potatoes with avocado salsa make a satisfying and flavorful meal on their own or can be served as a side dish alongside grilled veggies or other proteins. The combination of the sweet potatoes’ natural sweetness and the creamy, tangy avocado salsa creates a delightful contrast of flavours.
Here’s a more detailed description of sweet potato avocado salsa, including its health benefits, serving suggestions, tips, and some popular variations.
Sweet potatoes are rich in fibre, vitamins (such as vitamin A and C), and minerals (like potassium).
They provide complex carbohydrates for sustained energy and contain antioxidants that support overall health.
Avocados are a great source of heart-healthy monounsaturated fats, dietary fibre, and vitamins (such as vitamin K, E, and B-vitamins).
Avocado salsa adds healthy fats and contributes to the creamy texture of the dish.
Together, sweet potatoes and avocado salsa create a nutrient-dense meal that can be part of a balanced diet.
Sweet potatoes with avocado salsa can be served as a vegetarian main course or as a side dish.
They are delicious when served hot, right after baking the sweet potatoes.
You can also serve them at room temperature or chilled, depending on your preference.
Garnish with additional cilantro and lime wedges for added freshness.
Choose sweet potatoes that are firm, with no soft spots or blemishes.
Adjust the spiciness of the avocado salsa by adding more or less jalapeño pepper.
If you prefer a smoother salsa, use a blender or food processor to blend the avocado, onion, jalapeño, tomato, lime juice, and cilantro until desired consistency is reached.
To add a tangy twist, consider adding a splash of fresh orange juice to the avocado salsa.
Customise the salsa by adding ingredients like corn kernels, black beans, diced bell peppers, or diced mango for extra flavour and texture.
For a touch of smokiness, grill the sweet potatoes instead of baking them.
Experiment with different herbs and spices such as cumin, paprika, or chili powder to enhance the flavour profile of the dish.
Add a protein element by topping the sweet potatoes with grilled shrimp, shredded chicken, or crumbled feta cheese.
By following these suggestions and exploring variations, you can create a sweet potato avocado salsa dish that suits your taste preferences and dietary needs. Enjoy the vibrant flavours and nutritious benefits of this delightful combination!Print
This sweet potato and avocado salsa is the delicious and healthy salad recipe, one of my family favourites, where sweet potatoes are covered with a creamy, smooth greens paste, grilled and then served with a layer of avocado salsa. It is so simple and easy to make, delicious super food for almost any occasion!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, parboiled and peeled
- 1 medium avocado
- Salt to taste
- 1 inch ginger, sliced
- 5 to 6 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder + 1 pinch
- 2 teaspoons figaro olive oil + grilling and drizzling
- 3–4 fresh mint sprigs
- 3–4 fresh coriander sprigs
- 3–4 fresh basil leaves
- ½ lemon, juice extracted
- 1 spring onion with greens, chopped
- 4–5 cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
- 20 grams feta cheese
- Black peppercorns, crushed to taste
- Microgreens for garnishing
- Rinse the sweet potatoes well to remove the excess dirt.
- Now cut them into ½ inch roundels and put them into a bowl.
- Add salt and mix it well.
- Take a blender jar, add sliced ginger, garlic, chilli powder, garam masala powder, 1 teaspoon figaro olive oil, mint sprigs, coriander sprigs, and basil leaves.
- Add little water and blend everything till you get a smooth paste.
- Once the paste is ready, take 2 tablespoons of the paste and add it to the sweet potato bowl, gently mix to coat and set aside until marinated.
For Avocado Salsa
- Clearly scoop out the avocado flesh and put it into a mortar-pestle.
- Add salt, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon figaro olive oil and a pinch of garam masala powder.
- Also, add chopped spring onion greens, and reserve some for garnishing.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the prepared paste and crush to a coarse mixture with a pestle.
- In a non-stick pan, heat some figaro olive oil.
- Place the sweet potato roundels on a pan and grill for 2-3 minutes till you see grill marks on both sides.
- For a better way, place a large ring mould on a serving plate and arrange the avocado salsa around it.
- Also arrange halve cherry tomatoes over the salsa.
- Now place the grilled sweet potato roundels on it.
- Sprinkle some crumbled feta cheese and top over with the remaining ground paste.
- Add ons thinly sliced spring onion white and greens, drizzle some figaro olive oil and sprinkle some crushed peppercorns on top.
- Garnish with microgreens.
- Serve immediately.
- For a quick weeknight meal, grill the sweet potatoes make ahead of time and warm them up a bit before serving
- While plating, arrange the sweet potatoes evenly in a single layer. Do not overcrowd.
- For avocado salsa, cut the avocados in half, scoop out the flesh. and then use it .
- Instead of boiling, sweet potatoes can also be baked.
- You can skip any of the toppings while serving the salad.
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Fusion
Keywords: Sweet Potato & Avocado (Guacamole) Bites, Grilled Sweet Potatoes Recipe, Healthy Recipe, Sweet Potato Salad