This No-Bake Caramel Popcorn is a sweet treat made with a handful of pantry ingredients like corn coated with a thin, crispy coating of caramel that yields buttery, sweet, salty, and crunchy caramel corn without any baking. It is a quick, easy, and really delicious dessert, especially for any kind of celebration, party, or watching a movie. You can make it in bulk. It is SO crunchy and flavorful!
So, without wasting time just make a batch of this sweet and buttery caramel popcorn and share it with your friends. It only takes 5 ingredients—no corn syrup required!
About this Recipe
This easy homemade Caramel Popcorn is super delicious – is coated with a rich, buttery caramel sauce. It tastes much better and fresher.
You can make the best crunchy caramel popcorn following two-step process – first make a simple caramel sauce on the stove in a heavy-bottomed pot and then coat the popcorn with caramel sauce and cool completely on the baking tray until dry and crispy. You can transfer it to an airtight container, where it keeps well in sealed containers for several days.
You can find packaged caramel popcorn at lots of retail stores, but the real taste you get with HOMEMADE popcorn made in your own kitchen.
I love making caramel popcorn and packaging it up for friends, family, or neighbors!
You can even wrap up in a little bag or container to gift your friends. I usally make this perfect yummy snack to brighten someone’s day.
If you want to make buttery caramel popcorn than here’s the ingredients you need:
Popcorn– Make your own popcorn using corn kernels without adding salt, sweeteners, or butter for a healthier version of Caramel Popcorn, but make sure they are fresh because old popcorn kernels don’t fully pop and don’t give taste as fresh!
Brown Sugar – You can use any kind of sweetener. Brown sugar adds rich caramel flavor and color.
Butter – It gives the caramel sauce a nice, smooth buttery flavor.
Baking Soda – It gives the caramel sauce a soft foamy texture and maintain an even, thin coating of caramel on the popcorn
To keep caramel corn fresh and flavored, always store it in an air tight container or zip lock bag (be sure to press as much air out as you can). The better you seal your container, the longer it will last. You can store it at room temperature for up to 2-3 weeks.
This caramel popcorn is not only delicious, but simple and easy. Make a big batch for the entire family. So, go ahead and give this recipe a try, I am sure you will love it!Print
The recipe of caramel popcorn is quick, easy, and really delicious made with just a few simple ingredients like corn coated with a thin, crispy coating of caramel that yields buttery, sweet, salty, and crunchy caramel corn without any baking. Here is my recipe for Caramel Popcorn –
For the Popcorn
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup corn kernels
For the Caramel
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon butter
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Take a very large pan, heat the butter over low to medium heat.
- Add the corn kernels. Once it starts popping, cover the pan with a tight-fitting lid.
- Then gently shake the pan, so that the popcorn pops evenly through all sides.
- When the popping process slows down, remove the pan from the heat.
- Transfer the popped popcorn to a large bowl, make sure there are no un-popped kernels behind.
- Add a pinch of salt (optional).
- Combine well.
- Set the popcorn aside.
- In a medium saucepan, add the sugar.
- Let the sugar melt on low heat.
- Stir until the sugar dissolves on low heat for 5 minutes or until the colour slightly changes.
- Stir once and melt it completely on low heat.
- Add butter and continuously stir on low flame until the butter melts.
- Remove the pan from the heat and then quickly add the baking soda.
- Stir well till the caramel turns frothy. Do not overcook.
- Immediately pour the caramel over the popped corn. Be careful — it’s very hot!)
- Gently toss until the popcorn is evenly coated with the caramel.
- Spread the coated popcorn on the parchment-lined baking tray.
- Let the popcorn cool down at room temperature.
- Once cool, gently separate the caramel popcorn.
- Caramel Popcorn is ready to serve!
- A good trick is to pour your popcorn over a cooling rack. The un-popped kernels will fall through the cracks and the popcorn will stay on top.
- When you add the baking soda to the caramel mixture, the caramel will start to foam. It essentially allows the caramel to have a softer, silky texture that sticks to the popcorn and keeps it from getting hard.
- Make sure the caramelized popcorn is cooled completely before cutting or breaking into chunky pieces.
- If you want your caramel popcorn to be chewier, boil your caramel sauce for less time.
- Always store in an airtight container to keep it crisp.
- Category: Appetizers & snack
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Easy Homemade Popcorn Recipe, How to Make Perfect Caramel Popcorn, Sweetened Caramel Popcorn